UC Client features
English • Deutsch
The UC Client checks for configuration changes on every start. If changes to the configuration have been done in the web interface of the PBX, the updated configuration is automatically downloaded from the PBX. A message informs the user about the configuration changes.
The buddy list is displayed by default and contains the contacts defined as speed dials in the auto-configuration settings of the SIP phone account for this UC Client as described in the chapter Getting started with the UC Client. In case you’ve switched to the call history before, you can re-open the buddy list by clicking on
Presence status (BLF)
The presence status is available for SIP phones/clients registered at AskoziaPBX and is displayed as busy lamp fields (BLF) in the buddy list of the UC Client. The following states can occur.
All events currently being relevant or changing such as incoming, ongoing or missed calls, call forwarding, active DND etc. are displayed on the right side of the interface. Each event box can be closed or dismissed by a click on the 'x' in the upper left corner.
How to start a call
There are multiple ways to start a call.
4. When you’re entering a number in the dial bar, the UC Client automatically checks if the number matches a contact in the LDAP phone book. If successful, it will suggest the contact in a list. A double click or 'enter' will start the call.
5. Searching for a contact name in the phone book: To do so, enter the name in the dial bar. If the contact is present in the phone book, it will be suggested. A double-click or 'enter' will select a contact from the list and paste its info into the dial bar. Then, hit enter again or click on the button to confirm the call.
How to reject or dismiss calls
To dismiss an active call, click on the 'x' in the upper left side of the event box.
Every incoming call and every pickup is being displayed as a notification. Incoming calls can be accepted, rejected or picked up by using the appropriate button of said notification.
The presentation shown in the screenshot above applies to Mac OS Sierra alert-type notifications. Location, buttons and general behaviour of notifications may vary depending on the operating system and system preferences of the user. For example, Microsoft Windows displays notifications in the lower right corner of the screen.
Missed calls are also being displayed as an event in the right part of the interface.
For more information about previous and missed calls, also see the section about call history.
Multiple calls at the same time
The UC Client can handle up to 4 calls at the same time. Transferring a call is counted as two calls. Please note, that if the busy level for this account is set to a value smaller than 4, this value applies as the maximum number of calls. The busy level can be set in the advanced options of the SIP phone account of this UC Client.
- Inbound calls are being displayed by .
- Outbound calls are being displayed by .
- Missed calls are being displayed by .
Please note that the call history is not updated continuously/live. To receive updated information, the call history need to be reloaded by clicking on . You can open the buddy list again by clicking on
Pickups and pickup notifications
Manual call transfers
Calls can be transferred with (attended) or without (blind) prior consultation. To transfer a call, click on for blind or on for attended transfer. Afterwards select the target extension by either double-clicking on a contact in the buddy list or by calling a number via the dial bar. In case of a blind transfer, the call immediately disappears from the event view. In case of an attended transfer, hang up the call to complete the transfer. More about transfers can be learned in the transfer section of the Dialplan chapter.
How to hold calls
Voicemail needs to be set up in the web interface of AskoziaPBX for this feature to work. Learn more in the voicemail section of the SIP account linked to this UC Client. New voicemail messages are indicated by the icon in the top bar. This icon can show the following states.
- faded: voicemail is empty
- dark: there are old stored messages
- blinking: there are new messages waiting
Automatic call forwarding
To forward calls when being unavailable, click on . Define a forwarding destination, by selecting a contact from the buddy list or by entering a number in the dial bar and pressing 'enter'. Active call forwarding is indicated by an event in the right side of the interface. To disable call forwarding, close the box by clicking on 'x' or again on . If the UC Client goes offline while call forwarding is still activated, it remains active even if the application is restarted.
Do not disturb (DND)
To block all incoming calls, click on . As long as the DND event is being displayed, no incoming calls can be received but outgoing calls are still possible. To disable DND, close the event box by clicking on 'x' or click on again. If the UC Client goes offline while DND is still activated, it remains active even after restarting the UC Client.
Phone book & look-up
The UC Client uses the LDAP service of AskoziaPBX for its phone book. Incoming calls are automatically being checked for contact information in the LDAP directory.
- If an incoming number can be matched with a contact, the name of the contact and extension are displayed.
- If a name is being entered in the dial bar, the UC Client automatically searches the phone book. Contact information need to be at least two characters long in order to trigger the search.
- If the contact is available in the LDAP phone book, incoming and outgoing calls are resolved by means of the caller’s name
Even though most of the configuration of the UC Client is done in the web interface of AskoziaPBX, a number of user-specific settings can be done directly in the client application. To access the preferences press "cmd" and "," for Mac OS X, or click on "UC Client" in the menu bar of your operating system and on "Preferences". The following preferences appear for audio and appearance of the UC Client.
- Ring volume: Can be adjusted to personal preference.
- Ringtones & custom ringtones: Choose between the included ringtones or upload your own ringtone as an MP3 file.
- Always on top: This option keeps the UC Client always on top of all windows.
- Themes: Choose between different themes to change the appearance of the UC Client. Changing the them requires a restart of the UC Client.
- : A network error occurred. The connection is checked every 60 seconds.
- : A microphone error occurred.
If the UC Client is started and a software update is available, the following message appears to offer you this update.
Version & license agreement
To find information about the currently used version and license information, click on "UC Client" in the menu bar of your operating system and on "About UC Client".